A Nationals to remember! Reports from the events:
Birkenhead Brewery Trip
Show Day & Concours
Driving skills test
Dinner Dance at Birkenhead Brewery
And then the national event organised by our centre was all over and all the effort put in by one and all made it such a huge success!! I would like to take this opportunity of thanking everyone who was involved in the organisation of the event as well as those who assisted, whether it was great or small, for all your efforts.
Special thanks go to:
- Jamie Hart as project manager,
- Jenny Hart as secretary & treasurer,
- Neil and Colleen Draycott who organised the opening function (Spit Braai),
- Geoff and Jill Davis for arranging the concours and the trivial pursuit,
- Jamie and Jenny for arranging the scenic drive,
- Tim Cruise for the driving test,
- Nerina for the logo and shirts,
- Ken Boss for the program,
- Sheila, Liz and Eileen for their assistance,
- Ronan for the printing and models at the trivial pursuit evening,
- Gian Mani who was always at hand to assist where possible and sponsored the event with cold drinks, water, as well as part sponsorship of the cooler bags,
- Peter and Monica du Sautoy for the welcome banner, the concours medals and assistance at the concours,
- Jamie and Jenny who organised "Hermanus" and made many trips to the Birkenhead, Wine Village and Beach Club!!
- John Roets who sponsored the dashboard plaques and bumper badges and also found sponsorship from Wynns.
- Roger Robeck for transportation of the "stuff" to Hermanus,
- Alan Grant who found sponsorship from Castrol oils and Classic car polish;
- Everyone who assisted with the packing of the "goodie bags";
- Hennie Vermaas who donated the Spier wines for the tables at the dinner & dance and for the usage of his high-pressure cleaner,
- Wine Village for the wine tasting and more wine for the dinner dance, also for the venue for the driving test and BGM.
- Istvan Rietoff, Nikki Booysen and GP for assisting to put the arrows and welcome banner up.
- To the members that drove through to Hermanus for the concours and show day, I trust that you enjoyed it as much as we did.
- Spitbraai King for the opening function;
- Hans and Colleen from the Beach Club;
- All the concours judges;
- Paul Mitchell for the website updating and changes;
- Last but not least to Suzette for understanding and supporting me during this period, and to my family for their support as well!
- If I have omitted anyone, please forgive me and thank you as well!!
- A huge thank you to our sponsors as well namely:
- Propshaft Engineering (Brian and Sheila Maggs);
- Drivelines (Neil Cameron);
- Project Freight (Roger Robeck);
- SodaKing (Gian Mani)
- Ashley Ellis;
- Hennie Vermaas for the Spier Wines for the dinner & dance;
- Wine of the month club;
- Classic Car Polishes;
- Castrol Oils;
- Epping Industrial Suppliers for the hand cleaners;
- Breakwater Lodge Hotel for the grand prize;
- Rimmer Brothers UK;
- ABSA Bank;
- McCarthy Fleet Services;
- Classic Cars in Action magazine;
- Birkenhead Brewery;
- Hermanus Beach Club
And here's the old stuff:
Chairman's introduction to the Nationals
Click on a picture below for more details:
--insert pics here--
Cape Town is the venue for the 2006 National Gathering of the Triumph Sports Car Club of South Africa. In order to facilitate planning, and to whet the appetite of those who are thinking of attending, we will be endeavouring to update this section of the site regularly with news of our plans. We'd like to keep something up our sleeves, of course, but there will be lots to read about here.
Jamie Hart will be our 2006 National Gathering Chairman and Jenny Hart will be our Treasurer/Finance person. Jamie will thus be heading up the committee and will put a core organising team together responsible for arranging and co-ordinating the activities and Jenny will handle the finances for the event.
We are very pleased to announce that the venue for the 2006 nationals has been decided. We have chosen the Hermanus Beach Club for the accommodation and they shall be pleased to take your bookings from March 2005 onwards.
The main Concours will be on the public holiday - Human Rights day - at the main shopping area in Hermanus and should have plenty of public support. We have also found exciting venues for the BGM and Dinner dance. The area has something for everyone with beaches, wine routes, beer, shops and scenic drives to be enjoyed in both directions.
We look forward to organising "a Nationals to be remembered" so start saving straight away. The program will be held over 6 days with 5 night's accommodation. We will let you know the final details closer to the time, but please diarise Sunday 19th March to Friday 24th March 2006. A core committee has been elected and we are ready for the challenge that lies ahead.